Wine O Wine, an Australian company having its registered address (Level 33 / 264-278 George Street, Australia Square, Sydney, AUSTRALIA 2000) (Australia) (the “Company” or “we”) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Act”).
1.1 Types of personal information collected
The Company will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances.
For example, the Company may collect personal information from you when you:
– access the Site;
– request certain documents or goods;
– subscription to certain services or purchase of products or services; or
– make a services request or visit booking.
The personal information we collect may include your name, email address, physical address, telephone numbers, date of birth, gender, IP address, details of past transactions/requests you have made and such other information as required in the circumstances. When you use our Site, we may collect usage information such as the IP address you are using, the name of your Internet service provider, your browser version, the website that referred you to us and the next website you go to, the pages you request, the date and time of those requests and the location you are in.
The Company does not generally require you to disclose any sensitive information (e.g. details of race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, health information etc.). If you do provide sensitive information to us for any reason, you consent to us collecting that information and to us using and disclosing that information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the Act and other relevant laws.
In addition to the types of personal information identified above, the Company may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by the Act and other relevant laws.
It you can’t, or won’t, provide the Company with the personal information it reasonably requires, the Company may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
1.2 Purpose of collection
The Company may use or disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you), for other purposes to which you have consented and as otherwise permitted or required by law. In general we collect, use and disclose your personal information so that we can do business together and for purposes connected with our business operations.
Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information are set out in section 3.1 below.
In addition to the purposes set out in section 3.1, we may also use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you where:
- you have consented to us doing so; or
- it is otherwise permitted by law.
2. RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any person may seek access to personal information that the Company holds about that person and the Company will provide access to that information in accordance with the Act.
There are certain exemptions that may apply to the provision of that information. Further, we may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and, while there is no fee for requesting access to your personal information, we may charge you an administration fee for granting access to information.
You are also entitled to object at no cost to the use of your personal data for commercial prospecting messages
If you become aware that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete or if you wish to update your information, please contact the Company.
You are also entitled, if relevant, to change your choices previously expressed via your account or using unsubscribe links contained in our prospecting messages sent by e-mail.
3. MANAGEMENT AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 Use of personal information
The Company may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- sending you information about the Company and its activities and advertising and marketing materials in compliance with your choice about commercial prospection;
- handling of customer relation and prospects;
- commercial segmentation, personalization of our services and communications;
- statistics, studies and analysis, marketing, and improvement of the Site, products and services of the Company;
- to perform the services you request, respond to queries and to book visits;
- set-up of a personal account in compliance with your choices about commercial prospection; and
- such other purposes as indicated to you at the time we collected your personal information or as otherwise permitted by the Act.
Mandatory information must be entered in the information fields marked with an asterisk in the data collection forms. If these fields are not completed, we may not be able to address your query or to provide the services requested.
To express your preferences about commercial prospection or to change your previous choices, we invite you to consult the section “RIGHT TO ACCESS, CORRECT AND DELETE DATA AND TO OBJECT TO DATA PROCESSING” above mentioned.
3.2 Retention of personal information
Your personal information will be retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected and as otherwise might be required by law. After such period, your personal information will be either de-identified or permanently destroyed in accordance with the Act and the Company’s document retention policies.
3.3 Disclosure of personal information
The Company may also disclose your personal information (including to entities located outside Australia):
- where you have given your prior consent to such communication to a third party, and/or,
- where the Company has to share such information with third parties in order to provide the products or service you have requested, or in order for the third parties to otherwise perform services for the Company (e.g. to provide website hosting and data storage services), and/or,
- where the Company is required or authorised to do so by law or a court order (this may also include disclosure to certain government bodies such as law enforcement authorities and other emergency services organisations) or to third parties that require the information for law enforcement purposes or to prevent a serious threat to public safety, and/or
- to companies that may use your personal information in order to tailor electronic advertising to you (e.g. on a webpage) in relation to our products and services, and/or
- to our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisors, and/or
- if we or our assets are acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisors, and/or
- otherwise as permitted or required by law.
If you post information to public parts of our Site or to our social media pages, you acknowledge that such information (including your personal information) may be available to be viewed by the public. You should use discretion in deciding what information you upload to such sites.
3.4 Data security and privacy
The Company will take reasonable steps to safeguard the security and privacy of personal information held by it from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
These Cookies do not allow us to identify users individually and their duration is strictly limited to the duration of your browser session.
Unless you prefer to disable these Cookies as indicated below, the following Cookies will be placed on your terminal:
SESS + User ID:
To give and recognize during a single user session his/her session ID in order to avoid to ask again the requested information (age, location of residence and if relevant his/her login and password) during a same navigation on the Site.
__utma, __utmb, __utmz:
Webanalytics Cookie from Google analytics enabling to collect statistical and anonymous information about Site navigation (notably seen pages, date, time and duration of connexion).
You can disable Cookies in your web browser. However, this may disable all cookies used by your browser, including those from other websites, which may cause certain settings or information to be altered or lost. Disabling cookies may change your browsing experience on the Site, may cause it to not function properly or optimally or may make navigating around the Site more difficult.
6. PERSONS UNDER LEGAL ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION AND PURCHASING AGE
Access to the Site is governed by the Terms and Conditions. The Company does not permit persons who are under legal alcohol consumption and/or purchasing age in their location of residence to use the Site and such persons must not fraudulently misstate their age to obtain access to the Site or in providing us with any personal information. For Australian residents, only those aged 18 years and over may access and use the Site.
7. CONTACT US
When contacting us please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, comment or complaint.
The Company will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.